VOCAL Inc NSW began as a homicide support group in 1989 before becoming multi-crime responsive in 1994. Grief after homicide raises some unique complexities that are often not present in response to other crime types.
Homicide has it’s own unimaginable level of denial, shock and grief, and carrying out seemingly simple tasks can become overwhelming.
Our support to family victims can include:
- Financial assistance for funeral expenses
- Trauma counselling
- Liaising with Victims Services
- Crime scene clean-up issues
- Managing the media
- Coroners Court
- Victim Impact Statements
- Housing transfer/relocation
- Inability to work
- Supporting children through grief
- Family dynamics and relationship impacts.